Assigned: Thursday, January 15, 2015
Due: Thursday, January 22, 2015 (beginning of class)
Duration: 8 days
Each of us will be selecting a single image for a class discussion about the essence of graphic design.
The image must epitomize your personal definition of graphic design and does not need to be from any era and does not need to be historical.
Submit your image to the Class Blog. Create a Photo Post. Include the following information in your description:
- Your Name
- A title for the image
- The date/era the image was created
- Why you like this particular image
- What qualities about this image make it graphic design
Please use the following tags:
- Image Discussion
- History of Graphic Design
- Kevin Woodland
- Satin Island book jacket
- I saw this image in a recent article about the designer, Peter Mendelsund. I have been familiar with his work for several years, but when I saw this image I realized how truly great he is.
- The random, yet controlled layout, the knowledge of print production methods.